Beware of fraudulent emails or phishing attempts:
TradeLog will never ask you to email private information like your Social Security number (or EIN), credit card details, broker account passwords, etc. If you receive an email from us asking for that information you should be suspicious! Do not click on links or reply to the email. Please call us or send us a message directly if you receive something suspicious that appears to be from us.
How your Taxpayer Identification Number is used (Social Security Number or EIN)?
- Entering a taxpayer identification number (SSN/EIN) in your TradeLog file is optional. If entered, the numbers are encrypted and stored in the data file.
- If your SSN/EIN is entered, you may choose to display the number on generated tax reporting. You are thereafter responsible for securing any reports you save or print that may contain your SSN/EIN.
- We do not transmit or store SSN/EIN information to our servers.
- You should never include your SSN/EIN in an email, text message, chat message or any other written communication with us.
- For our Trader Tax Services, you may request your SSN/EIN be entered on the reports we generate. We will obtain your SSN/EIN over the phone and enter into your TradeLog file for secure, encrypted storage. Any reports containing your SSN/EIN will be provided through our secure file-sharing system.
Where is your TradeLog data file stored?
- TradeLog data files are stored in the location you, the user, designate. This may be on your PC, on a cloud storage location, or other location. You are responsible for saving your TradeLog data file and generating backups if desired. See: Create a Backup Data File
- TradeLog data files are not automatically sent to us for storage. Any data files submitted with a support ticket are only saved temporarily on a secure, access controlled server; and then subsequently deleted after the ticket has been closed.
- For our Trader Tax Services, your TradeLog data file is stored in our secure file-sharing system. Depending on the service you requested, you may be given access to your TradeLog data file which you can then download and save on your own location.
Who can access your TradeLog data file?
- Another TradeLog user cannot open your TradeLog data file. TradeLog data files you create are linked to your user subscription registration key and can only be opened on devices running TradeLog with that same registration key.
- Password protection when you open TradeLog provides an added level of security.
- If your CPA or tax professional uses TradeLog PRO, you can provide them with your TradeLog file and authorize their access.
- TradeLog Service Team members are authorized to open TradeLog files submitted in connection to a support ticket. Your private information (SSN/EIN and any broker account credentials) are encrypted and hidden.
Securely submit support requests with Get Support. Here is how your private information is protected by using the Get Support feature:
- Your SSN/EIN is removed from the copy of your TradeLog file sent
- Your TradeLog file, and any associated files you attach (like broker statement or 1099-B) are zipped and securely sent to an access-controlled server for temporary access by the TradeLog Service Team, after which they are permanently destroyed
How we secure your purchase:
The TradeLog purchase page is secured by a Comodo PositiveSSL CA 2 Secure Server Certificate (SSL certificate) and is encrypted with 256-bit encryption.
The SSL (secure sockets layer) protocol is the Web standard for encrypting communications between users and SSL e-commerce sites. Data sent via an SSL connection is protected by encryption, a mechanism that prevents eavesdropping and tampering with any transmitted data.
SSL provides consumers with the confidence that private data sent to this website, such as credit card numbers and personal information, are kept confidential.
Customers know when they have an SSL session with a website when their browser displays the little padlock and the address bar begins with https rather than http.
How we protect your privacy:
What information do we need to process an order and how do we use it?
When you order, we need to know your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card number and expiration date. This allows us to quickly process and fulfill your orders and to notify you of your order status, as well as provide any necessary customer service.
Cogenta Computing Inc. DOES NOT keep any records of your credit card information.
Once an amount has been approved by your credit card company, the only personal information that we keep on file is your name, e-mail address, mailing address, and phone number.
How does Cogenta Computing Inc. protect customer information?
When you place orders, we offer the use of a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. SSL is the most widely accepted form of encryption for online transactions. Furthermore, all of the customer data we collect is protected against unauthorized access.
Will Cogenta Computing Inc. disclose the information it collects to outside parties?
Cogenta Computing Inc. does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. Cogenta Computing Inc. may provide these details when required to do so by law enforcement agencies.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information you provide us to make buying/registering at Cogenta Computing Inc. possible and to enhance your overall shopping experience.