TradeLog PRO allows the user multiple File Key options:
- A client can use their own TradeLog subscription to create a data file for the tax year. The PRO user can then open and edit that file.
When running the End Tax Year function, the File Key (formerly known as “TaxFile”) included with the client's subscription will be used. If the client's File Keys have all been utilized, then the PRO user may use one of their pre-purchased File Keys to run End Tax Year.
- The PRO user can create a data file for their client. The PRO user's pre-purchased File Key will be used to run End Tax Year.
Best Practice: Confirm ownership of a TradeLog file when received from a client. Go to File>Edit File to update to client's email.
When running End Tax Year with TradeLog PRO, the software will require confirmation of the File Key being used:
- The following dialog box will confirm the RegCode and Name for the File Key (formerly known as “TaxFile”) you are about to use.
To proceed, you will need to Enter a User Reference. This text/number will be logged with the File Key use for auditing purposes. TradeLog PRO users can determine what to enter as a User Reference - this may be the individual user's name, an internal reference number, etc.
TradeLog PRO users can request a history of File Key use with the User Reference notes for audit purposes by contacting TradeLog Support.
- If the file is owned by a registered TradeLog user, but their subscription is invalid, expired, or they have no available File Keys, then the following warning will pop-up. You can choose to proceed using one of your PRO user File Keys by clicking Yes.
If you believe there is an error, please click No and submit the file to TradeLog Support with details.
- If the file is not linked to a registered TradeLog user, you will need to confirm whether to proceed using one of your PRO user File Keys. If you believe there is an error, please click No and submit the file to TradeLog Support with details.
- If using your PRO user File Key, but no pre-purchased File Keys are available, the following warning will appear. Please purchase additional File Keys online or by contacting TradeLog Support.