NOTE: Unfortunately, Ally switched some customers to the new Maxit interface automatically, which is not supported by TradeLog as there is no export to Excel option. We have reports of customers that requested with Ally to switch them back to the old interface, and then they were successfully able to import into TradeLog using our instructions.
Note: Ally Invest trade history is available for the past two years. Its download cannot exceed a 366 day period.
- Log on to your Ally Invest online account.
- Select your account.
- Click My Accounts, then Account Summary, then Activity.
- Select a RANGE...
... and click the Find button.
Note: Ally Invest limits each download to 366 days. Separate csv files will need to be downloaded and imported into TradeLog to account for the full 13 months of data required for non-MTM users. MTM users will only download 12 months for the year they are working on.
- Wait for the data to be displayed, then click the Export to Excel button to begin the csv file download.
- Click the Save button on the popup File Download dialog box.
Note: If the csv file opens in your web browser, or opens in Microsoft Excel, rather than receiving a prompt to download and save, then there is likely a problem with your Windows file associations for csv files. For instructions on how to fix this click here
Save the file to the documents/tradelog/import folder.Repeat steps 4 through 6 to download data for January of the following year.
- Run TradeLog.
Note: If you have not already done so you will need to select the appropriate import filter. Please See: Selecting a Broker Import Filter.
- Go to the Account tab at the top and click the from File button.
- Select the first file you downloaded from your broker and click Open.
TradeLog will prompt you to save the imported data. Click Yes.
Note: You will need to repeat this step to import data for January of the following year.