Windows 11 includes the Controlled Folder Access security feature as part of Windows Security. Some TradeLog users may experience difficulties running TradeLog with these settings.
If you receive an error message in Windows like "Unauthorized Changes Blocked" or "Controlled Folder Access blocked", then you may need to adjust settings.
How to Turn Controlled Folder Access On or Off
Open Windows Security.
- From the Start menu search "Windows Security"
- Select Start > Settings
- Choose Update & Security > Windows Security
- Select Open Windows Security.
Select Virus & threat protection
Then choose Manage settings under Virus & threat protection settings
Choose Manage Controlled folder access under Controlled folder access
Under Controlled folder access, turn it on or off.
Enable TradeLog as an Authorized Application
Under the Controlled folder access settings, select Allow an app through Controlled folder access
Next click on the button to Add an allowed app
Navigate to the C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/TradeLog directory, then select TradeLog.exe and click Open, this will add TradeLog to the authorized apps list
Troubleshooting Controlled Folder Access
Controlled Folder Access is a newer feature of Windows Security, and some have reported problems with this function. If you experience problems because of Controlled Folder Access, try the following:
- Make sure TradeLog is added as an authorized application, as shown above. Contact Microsoft if problems persist after doing so.
- You may choose to save TradeLog files in an unprotected folder.
- You may choose to disable Controlled Folder Access.