The following are basic steps for linking your account with BrokerConnect for the first time. This is a one-time setup per brokerage account. The data required for connecting may vary depending on your broker.
This method is currently only available for Alpaca.
- Select the appropriate broker Account Tab you want to link for BrokerConnect importing method.
- From the Account menu, click the Import Settings button.
- Enter the Username of the account you want to link, and then click Link Account to open the one-time setup in your web browser.
- Your default web browser will open with a new page. Click Continue to agree to the terms/conditions & continue using SnapTrade to connect your account.
- Select the Broker you want to link from the populated list, or type the broker name in the Search bar. (This MUST be the same broker from Step 1.)
- Press Continue to be directed to the broker's website.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to login to and link your brokerage account.
- Wait several minutes after successfully linking with SnapTrade, and then in TradeLog from the Account menu, click the Import Settings button again.
- From the dropdown menu, select the correct linked Account to import, and click OK.
- From the Account tab, you can now click the BrokerConnect button to import your trades.