If you have switched to Fidelity's BETA site, you will need to switch back to the non-beta in order to download the correct CSV file(s). These instructions only work on Fidelity's regular site.
Note: Fidelity trade history is available for the last 5 trading years.
- Log on to your Fidelity Investments account.
- Select your account and click Activity & Orders followed by History.
- Select a Time Period and click the Go button.
Note: Fidelity Investments limits each download to 90 days. Five separate csv files (quarters 1-4 and quarter 1 of the following year) will need to be downloaded and imported into TradeLog to account for the full 13 months of data required for non-MTM users. MTM users only download quarters 1-4 of the year you are working on. You can also download the history for a specific date range. For the example below we will use a full quarter period.
- Wait for the data to be displayed, then click the Download link to begin the csv file download.
- Click the Save button on the popup File Download dialog box.
Note: If the csv file opens in your web browser, or opens in Microsoft Excel, rather than receiving a prompt to download and save, then there is likely a problem with your Windows file associations for csv files. For instructions on how to fix this click here
Save the file to the documents/tradelog/import folder.Repeat steps 3 through 5 to download quarters 2-4 and quarter 1 of the following year.
- Run TradeLog
Note: If you have not already done so you will need to select the appropriate import filter. Please See: Selecting a Broker Import Filter.
- Go to the Account tab at the top and click the from File button.
- Select the first file you downloaded from Fidelity Investments and click Open.
TradeLog will prompt you to save the imported data. Click Yes.
Note: You will need to repeat this step for all four quarters to import the full year as well as January of the following year.