TradeLog allows a user to hold long-term positions open and close them in the future while actively trading the same security. See: Holding Long-Term Open Positions
Once the long-term holding is closed, the closing trade will have to be manually matched with the open long-term position.
To match closing trade records with the long-term holding if the closing position was imported:
1. Select the closing trade records that need to be force matched with the holding. See Selecting Multiple Trades.
2. From the Records menu, click Edit. See Editing a Trade
3. Use your TAB key to move the cursor to the Matched column. See: Display Matched Tax Lots
4. Enter the SAME lot number as the holding.
5. Hit your ENTER key TWICE to save.
Please sign in to leave a comment.