Are you using the Free Trial?
This import method is only available to Registered Users. Please check the Supported Broker List for alternative import methods if you are a Free Trial user.
The following are basic steps for linking your account with BrokerConnect for the first time. This is a one-time setup per brokerage account. The data required for connecting may vary depending on your broker.
This method is currently available for Charles Schwab, ETrade, Fidelity, TradeStation.
Select the appropriate broker Account Tab you want to link for BrokerConnect importing method.
- From the Account menu, click the Import Settings button.
- Enter the Username of the account you want to link, and then click Link Account to open the one-time setup in your web browser.
- Your default web browser will open with a new page. Click Launch Link to continue.
- Click Continue to agree to the terms & continue using Plaid to connect your account.
- Select the Broker you want to link from the populated list, or type the broker name in the Search bar. (This MUST be the same broker from Step 1.)
- Enter the Email/Username and the Password to the account you are linking, then click Submit.
- Select the method you want to use to verify your identity, then click Continue.
- Once you've received the security code, enter it into the box, and press Submit.
- The verification can take up to 2 minutes. Please do not leave or close the page, or press any other buttons during this process. (During this time, you will see a spinning wheel that may at times stop spinning. This is normal and does not indicate that the page has frozen.)
- Once the verification has been completed, Plaid will return your brokerage account(s). Select the account you want to link, and press Continue.
- You will be alerted if the linking was successful. Press Continue.
- Close TradeLog, wait several minutes, and then re-open your file. From the Account tab, you can now click the BrokerConnect button to import your trades.