Morgan Stanley allows downloading of an XLSX file for account history. This data can be imported into TradeLog. You MUST have Microsoft Excel installed on your computer in order to use this import filter.
Important Note: If the downloaded XLSX file is edited in any way the import may fail.
Short Sales: Morgan Stanley does not indicate short sales in their trade history. Therefore the Autoassign Shorts feature of TradeLog is enabled for this import. TradeLog assigns a "sale" trade as a short position if the sale occurs before the buy.
- Log on to your Morgan Stanley online account.
- From the Accounts tab, select Activity.
- If you have multiple accounts, click on All Accounts to open the View By sidebar. Then select the individual account you wish to download history for.
- Select Investment Activity to view trade history.
- From the View drop-down, select the appropriate Date Range needed for your trade history.
- In the upper right corner, click the Download link to download the XLSX file.
- We recommend saving the downloaded file to your Documents > tradelog > Import folder. This makes it easy to keep import history.
- Run TradeLog, and open your tax year file.
- Go to the Account tab at the top and click the from File button.
- From the Morgan Stanley Import window that appears, select the .xlsx file you just downloaded and click the Open button.
If you downloaded the file to a different location, you may need to navigate to find the file.
- Your trades will be imported and matched. Note: MorganStanley sometimes reports an inaccurate quantity. TradeLog is unable to automatically fix. TradeLog will try to detect these errors and may generate an error report to help the user notice and edit the trades as needed.
- Repeat these steps as needed to import all trade history.