Morgan Stanley allows downloading of an XLS file for account history. This data can be imported into TradeLog.
Important Note: If the downloaded XLS file is edited in any way the import may fail. The data Morgan Stanley exports is technically not in XLS format, although the filename ends in .xls. TradeLog accounts for this format discrepancy automatically.
Short Sales: Mordan Stanley does not indicate short sales in their trade history. Therefore the Autoassign Shorts feature of TradeLog is enabled for this import. TradeLog assign a "sale" trade as as short position if the sale occurs before the buy.
- Log on to your Morgan Stanley online account
- From the Accounts tab, select Activity
- If you have multiple accounts, click on All Accounts to open the View By sidebar. Then select the individual account you wish to download history for
- Select Investment Activity to view trade history
- From the View drop down, select the appropriate Date Range needed for your trade history
- In the upper right corner, click the Download link to download the XLS file
- We recommend saving the downloaded file to your Documents > tradelog > Import folder. This makes it easy to keep import history.
- Run TradeLog, and open your tax year file
- Select your Morgan Stanley account tab, then on the toolbar click the MorganStanley Imp button
- From the Morgan Stanley Import window that appears, select the .xls file you just downloaded and click the Open button.
If you downloaded the file to a different location, you may need to navigate to find the file.
- Your trades will be imported and matched.
- Repeat these steps as needed to import all trade history.