Note regarding futures trades: while the downloaded CSV file may include futures trades, we have found that data to be incomplete. Specifically the commissions and fees associated with the futures trades are not accurate. Therefore, TradeLog will exclude futures trades from the tastyworks data upon import to prevent any risk of inaccurate reporting. Many users simply choose to not track those futures trades in TradeLog, or to manually enter the data.
General Procedure for importing from a downloaded CSV file:
1. If you haven't done so already, there is a one-time setup on the Apex Clearing site. Click here to be taken to tastyworks for instructions and look for Accessing Apex Online
2. Click here for instructions on how to download your CSV file (also on the tastyworks website) and look for Exporting CSV Data.
3. We recommend moving your downloaded CSV file to the "documents/tradelog/import" folder.
4. Run TradeLog.
5. Click on the tastyworks Imp speed button and select the CSV file you just downloaded.
6. Your trade records will be imported and matched, click Yes to save the imported records.