- Certain anti-virus software such as Webroot anti-virus may interfere with Web import's ability to copy the trade hsitory from the windows clipboard. See Common Problems: Internet Connection
- Log in to your Interactive Brokers account using your User Name and Password.
- Select the menu drop down icon in the top left of the Client Portal as shown below, this will open menu options.
Select Reports, then Statements.
Select Third-Party Downloads for Statement Type.
Select TradeLog for Format.
Select the desired Period, Custom Date Range is often best.
Select the desired From and To dates (maximum spread of 365 days).
Then click on the Run Statement button.
The report will typically open in a separate browser tab. An example is shown below
- Select all text on the report using your web browser's Edit, Select All (Ctrl+A keyboard shortcut) command.
Note for best results: first click on the text portion of the report before using the Select All (Ctrl+A) function. Otherwise, some browsers may select the entire window rather than only the text of the report.
The selected text on the report should typically appear as shown below.
- Next, Copy the selected report using your web browser's Edit, Copy (Ctrl+C keyboard shortcut) command.
(You may also use your right mouse click Select All command followed by the right mouse click Copy command).
The data is now stored on the Windows clipboard (a temporary storage location for copied data).
- Run TradeLog and select the appropriate account tab in your tax year file.
- Click the IB Imp button.
- A popup dialog box may appear, asking whether you want to import using brokerConnect or to import from the Web. Click NO to import from the Web.
Note: If you already selected a default method of importing when creating your file, this box will not appear. Please move on to the next step. See: Selecting a Broker Import Filter.
- Your trades will be automatically imported and matched.