- Assignment trades that result from exercised options typically are not booked (or reported) on TradeStation's trade activity until one or two days after the respective transaction date. As a result, users who are importing up to a date within the last three business days may be missing assigned stock trades, if any assignments occured in the past three business days.
- We recommend that traders who have exercised options import up to a date no later than 3 business days before the current date. For example, if the current date is Friday, July 19, you should only import up to Tuesday, July 16.
- We always recommend verifying open positions after importing your trades to confirm accuracy. See our topic on verifying open positions.
Note: If the csv file opens in your web browser, or opens in Microsoft Excel, rather than importing, then there is likely a problem with your Windows file associations for csv files. For instructions on how to fix this click here
- Run TradeLog and click on the TradeStation Imp button.
- A popup dialog box will ask you to select your import method. Select brokerConnect and click OK.
- A popup dialog box allows you to enter your User Name, Password, and Account Number. This information gets encrypted and is stored in your TradeLog data file. It only needs to be entered once for each brokerage account. The next time you click the TradeStation Imp button your information will be displayed in the box and you simply click the OK button to continue. The From date pick box shows the from date that will be used for this import. You can use the default date or if you want to import a specific day or you can select the first of the month date from the drop down calendar fro a specific month. The To date pick box allows you to select your own end date for a custom date range import. The default date range is 3 months. Select 1 Month to import one month at a time. Clicking on the Timeout button allows you to increase the time TradeLog will wait for a response. This may be necessary if you have a slow internet connection or large amounts of data. You may also have to reduce the date range as well and import in smaller chucks.
- Click OK and TradeLog will connect to the TradeStation web site to get your most current trade information. TradeLog will automatically login to your account. Please do not click any keys while TradeLog gets your data!
- Your trades will be automatically imported and matched.